This is the preferred option for most landlords. By using Best Properties to manage your property we are taking over all the stresses and leaving you simply to carry on with your life. By using this service we deal with the following:
Before the tenant moves in
- We will advertise the property in the local property paper and internet.
- We will carry out accompanied viewings and give feedback afterwards
- Once a prospective tenant is found we will reference their bank, employer and previous landlord to access their suitability.
- Once satisfactory references are received we will prepare a lease.
- The tenant will then sign the lease and hand over the rent and deposit.
- We will serve any necessary statutory notices on the tenants.
- On move-in-day the tenant will be handed the keys
N.B. You will need to have a valid gas safety certificate and a full inventory before we can move the tenant in; these can be arranged by us if needed. Please ask for details.
Once the tenant has moved in
- We will collect the rent each month by standing order
- We will forward the rent on to you within three working days, you will not be made to wait until our “accounts day”
- We will inspect the property after one month and then each quarter thereafter giving written feedback after each inspection
- We will arrange for all minor repairs under £100 to be carried out immediately.
- Larger repairs will be carried out once authorisation has been given by you
- We will not mark up repairs, you will get a copy of the invoice paid to the contractor with your next statement.
- Will will send you a yearly tax statement if required
- We will conduct “Check Out” on your behalf and in the need of cleaning will organise this from the tenants deposit.
Tenant find only
Some of our landlords prefer to manage their own properties especially if they are retired and have time to do this. If you would prefer for us to do this then again the service we offer is second to none. We will do all the services stated in property management up to the date the tenant moves in.
In addition to this we will give the tenant your full details and you theirs to ensure that you get the tenancy off to a smooth start. This includes giving the tenant bank details so they know where to pay each month. In the event of “Tenant find only” the landlord will hold the deposit. Details of your legal requirements for doing this can be given upon request.
N.B. A full inventory and gas safety certificate will again be required before we can move a tenant in.
We have ties with specialist insurance companies who can organise buildings, contents and rent guarantee insurances for our landlords. Further details of these can be given upon request.
Property Finding Service
For many years we have been finding properties which are suitable for the local rental marketplace on behalf of both new and existing landlords. We will use our expertise to ensure that once we have been given a budget by you that the properties we find on your behalf are ones that can be let quickly to quality tenants once they are complete. Many landlords, particularly those who are new or not local have, over the years, bought properties on the say so of local estate agents where they have been given inflated rental values and bought in poor areas for rental purposes. The agent who sold the property is probably only interested in “doing a deal” and has little concern if after completion the house cannot be rented as his money is now safe in the bank, you meanwhile have a property that is costing you money sitting empty.
By using us to assist you in your search for property you can ensure that you are not a victim of this poor but sadly all too common practice. We do not sell property so have no agenda to who you buy from but do need to ensure we can let it after completion so a proper consideration of the future implication of each purchase will be given to each purchase made on your behalf.
To register your property requirements please contact us using the details above, or fill in the simple online contact form
Download our Fees to landlords guide
Fees to Landlords:
Fully Managed: 11% inc VAT
- Collect and remit the monthly rent received
- Provide advice on rent arrears actions, within our legal remit
- Deduct commission and other works
- Undertake two inspection visits per annum
- Arrange routine repairs and instruct approved contractors up to landlord’s agreed budget. Thereafter take instruction from landlord.
Additional Fees and Charges for Fully Managed:
New tenant set up fee: £240.00 inc VAT
- Agree the market rent and find a tenant in accordance within the landlord’s guidelines
- Advise on refurbishment
- Provide guidance on compliance with statutory provision and letting consents
- Carry out accompanied viewings (as appropriate)
- Market the property on Rightmove
- Advise on non-resident tax status and HMRC (if relevant)
- 1 Bedroom House/Flat £90.00 inc VAT
- 2 Bedroom House/Flat £120.00 inc VAT
- 3 Bedroom House/Flat £150.00 inc VAT
- 4 Bedroom House/Flat £180.00 inc VAT
- 5 Bedroom House/Flat £240.00 inc VAT
Deposit Registration Fee: £60.00 inc VAT
- Register landlord and tenant details and protect the security deposit with a Government-authorised scheme
- Provide the tenant(s) with the Deposit Certificate and Prescribed Information within 30 days of start of tenancy
Renewal Fee: £100 inc VAT
- Contract negotiation, amending and updating terms and arranging a further tenancy and agreement
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON OUR FEES, PLEASE ASK A MEMBER OF STAFF
Tenant Find: £540.00 inc VAT
- Agree the market rent and find a tenant in accordance within the landlords guidelines
- Market the property on Rightmove
- Bank and employer check for potential tenant
- Prepare and sign lease on behalf of landlord
- Collect and remit initial months’ rent received
- Initial protection of deposit: Provide the tenant(s) with the Deposit Certificate and Prescribed Information within 30 days of start of tenancy. Register landlord and tenant details and protect the security deposit with a Government-authorised scheme
- Deduct any pre-tenancy invoices
- Provide tenant with method of payment and landlords contact details